Why Go Tankless
Why Go Tankless
The best reason to go tankless is simple: You get an on-demand, endless supply of hot water. You’ll never run out because it is instantaneously heated at the source whenever needed. But there are many other great reasons to go tankless.
- Greater Longevity. Tankless water heaters can remain safely in operation for up to twice as long as a typical tank water heater when maintained properly. That can mean 25 years or longer, as compared to typical hot water tank that lasts 10 to 12 years.
- Energy Eﬃciency. They only heat water when you turn on a hot water faucet or when you activate the circulation pump, thus reducing the amount of fuel and energy used.This decreases your bill while reducing your carbon footprint.
- Tax credits. High eﬃciency models can provide you with signiﬁcant tax credits. In the years to come, we expect more municipalities and utilities to favor tankless over traditional installs.
- Traveling. If you travel a lot, split your time between residences, own a vacation home, or oﬀer short-term rentals, you can probably save even more with tankless water heater than most consumers. That’s because you won’t be wasting energy while your property isn’t in use. You only pay for the hot water you use, when you need it.
- Peace of mind. When a traditional hot water tank wears out, it can cause hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of property damage if they rupture and ﬂood your home.
- Technologically advanced. You can monitor your water heater and your water temperature via an app on your phone. Additionally, you can activate your circulation system through an app or by telling your smart speaker “Alexa: Prepare my shower.” How cool is that?
- Size matters. Traditional hot water tanks take up a lot of space. In new construction, apartments, and condos, that space is conserved.
- Worry free. As an Internet connected device, your tankless water heater can notify you of service issues before they become a problem. If you choose to have a maintenance agreement with Aquious, we’ll monitor your tankless water heater and schedule a service call if one becomes necessary.